Support
     OPN Themes
     Problems with this site

Author Printer friendly pageProblems with this site
maxwell_edison

Send private message to maxwell_edison
Posted: 2005-03-03 16:55

Hi!

These are just some observations I had, while browsing OpenPHPnuke.com. I'll have to address them all, if I attempt to set up this script on my server.

Mozilla displays the page fine. But in MS Internet Explorer, when viewing OpenPHPnuke.com in a screen size of 800x600, the menu on the left is OK, but all of the content to the right is below the level of the menu bar. This puts all of the text off screen, on every page. If your screen is set to a high resolution, you can see the same effect when re-sizing the IE window. I'm hoping this is only happening in one theme, but won't know for sure until I install and test OpenPHPnuke.

This is a problem since many computer beginners will be at the 800x600 screen size, and use Internet Explorer.

Also:

In the "Edit User" area, there is a non-english heading "Adress Angaben", one of this first things a potential member will see. The script called "PHP-Nuke" had many hard-coded Portuguese and Italian phrases (and plenty of near-English), which were quite a challenge for me (a novice) to correct -- with every upgrade.

There are two "Members of Team" in the main menu, although they seem to be different pages.

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
xweber

Send private message to xweber Visit website from xweber
Posted: 2005-03-04 09:55

This is because of the theme. It uses floating div elements.
So, this might not happen with other theme, that don't use this technic or which are specialized for lower resolutions.

Alex

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
sort by

Previous thread:  New theme view problem
Next Thread:  Theme How to in English

Jump To:

Nickname:

Security Code
Security Code
reload

Page took 0.06706 seconds to load