OPN Installation
     Admin login

Page 1 2 Next page 

Author Printer friendly pageAdmin login
thugfxp
Send private message to thugfxp
Posted: 2004-11-08 01:00

I am a newbie to this opn.
I have finally got it installed on my host server, and made all the neccesary changes to cache file and deleted the install.php file.

However i am not sure it is allowing me to login useing my admin username and pass.

It jsut comes back with a screen that was there befroe.

I cannot see how i get to any control panel at all, to make changes to the site.
and in the right hand side it comes up as not registered, and akss me to register. ?

Any help at all would be greatfully appreciated

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
anonymous
Unregistered User
Posted: 2004-11-08 14:12

After many hours fiddling around with the thing, i have finally found out why it would not log in at all, and show the admin menu.

For some reason it was logging in all the time, but not showing the menu.
If however i switched to Firefox, it logged in and showed me everything i need.

Have set part of the site up now, but can still not see most things in internet explorer at all.

If you cannot log in at all afer installation, try installing Mozilla firefox and loggin in.

Worked for me.

Now i jsut gotta work out why, it wont display anything except the basic user MENU.

vitonaoh

Send private message to vitonaoh
Posted: 2004-12-01 00:32

Hi there!

I'm a newbie too. I guess i have the same problem here, i've installed everything, checked if tables were ok using phpMyAdmin, created new user accounts from the main page and checked again if they're data were inserted into the tables (that was ok too) but:

1. I can't see if i'm logging in to a "User Account" at all.
2. I can't login to the Admin Account.
3. If i try and send a request for a new password by email i get the confirmation page but no email is sent.
4. I think that i don't have a problem with the installation requirements e.g. Apahe-PHP-MySQL, disk space, software versions.

I'm using phpnuke on my website and wanted to test OpenPHPnuke in a subdir so i installed it. I did the same thing with Mambo, PostNuke and Typo3 (those are working fine).

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help,

hombergs

Send private message to hombergs
ICQ AIM YIM MSNM
Posted: 2004-12-01 16:51

I can't test it with IE. Cause I use linux. So I use Opera, Firefox, Mozilla and Konqueror. OPN works in all 4 fine.
Maybe there are some corrupted cookies. So please delete the cookies and try it again.

Sending emails are off as default. So you must login first to activate it.
Cause the german law is very hard in this case. Some people was sentenced to a fine. Cause they allowed there visitors to send greeting cards and so on from the websites.
So we decided to deactivate the mail function per default.
When you called the installer you see the URL and the path. Can you tell me this values plz? Maybe there is something wrong with.

H.O.M.B.E.R.G.S.: Hydraulic Obedient Machine Built for Efficient Repair and Galactic Sabotage

There are no problems, only defiances.

vitonaoh

Posted: 2004-12-01 18:14

I'm still unable to login nor create an account using IE even after deleting cookies. I tried Firefox and Netscape and it was ok, i succeeded. Using those i've started to install modules and some side boxes trying to see if it was "visible" on IE. Apparently everything works fine except for logging in and creating an account.

URL is "http://www.hypernet.com.mx/opn2"
and the path is set to "/home/hypernet/html/opn2/"

I'm reading up and down openphpnuke forums in order to learn as much as i can of this CMS that seems to be one of the best.

I saw that you don't have at the moment spanish or french translations. Maybe i could help... Would that be very complicated in terms of php (code) knowledge, cause as i said i'm a newbie on these fiels.

Thanks

xweber

Send private message to xweber Visit website from xweber
Posted: 2004-12-02 16:12

I have an IE, but no longer Version 2.2.0

I tried it with 2.2.2 yesterday and it works fine without any trouble.

Alex

hombergs

ICQ AIM YIM MSNM
Posted: 2004-12-03 20:38

What PHP Version and what Linuxversion is on you webserver?

H.O.M.B.E.R.G.S.: Hydraulic Obedient Machine Built for Efficient Repair and Galactic Sabotage

vitonaoh

Posted: 2004-12-03 21:44

I'm installing Version 2.2.2

PHP: 4.3.8

Webserver: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) mod_throttle/3.1.2 FrontPage/5.0.2.2623 mod_ssl/2.8.18 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.8 PHP/3.0.18 mod_perl/1.28

Thanks

hombergs

ICQ AIM YIM MSNM
Posted: 2004-12-03 23:05

If you have the same troubles with the 2.2.2 here is a litte tip for the IE problem:
Edit the mainfile.php.

Before the line starting with:

((int)include(

insert this line:

define('_OPN_SKIP_COMPRESSION',1);

This is necessary if you have PHP 4.3.1 on your webserver. Cause there is a bug with the ob_gzhandler in PHP 4.3.1 that can causes the troubles with the IE.

vitonaoh

Posted: 2004-12-16 17:03

I've tried everything you suggested and still have the same problem...
What else can i do???
Thank you very much anyway

sort by
Page 1 2 Next page 

Previous thread:  Hallo ich habe da mal eine Frage
Next Thread:  OPN installed... what next?

Jump To:

Nickname:

Security Code
Security Code
reload

Page took 0.07923 seconds to load