•  

Forum

Moderated by: hombergs, xweber
Forum Index
Support
     OPN Installation
     OPN installed... what next?

Author Printer friendly pageOPN installed... what next?
peterantonrev

Send private message to peterantonrev
Posted: 2006-11-23 05:41

OK, I got OPN installed... but it's just a blank slate. I was assuming that I'd get a chance to start setting up a content management system, but that must be a separate operation. Any advice? I suppose I could find and read the documentation.

Peter

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
anonymous
Unregistered User
Posted: 2006-11-23 06:42

what is your memory limit? it should be 16 mb better is 32 mb memory limit
was it creates database tables?

peterantonrev

Send private message to peterantonrev
Posted: 2006-11-23 17:05

anonymous wrote at November 23, 2006 at 06:42:46 clock the following:

what is your memory limit? it should be 16 mb better is 32 mb memory limit
was it creates database tables?

I don't understand your question. Is there a configuration file I should be looking at to set the "memory limit"?

During installation I manually created a database in order to enter a database name and complete the installation. Then it gave me a message that the database and tables had been created. The installation ended at a blank home page with a login/register box on the left. I can create accounts and log in, but I don't know how to set up anything beyond that. Is there another "setup.php" or "install.php" file somewhere in the installation that will let me develop some kind of system that registered users can use to access content?

I am completely new to this kind of system. I am under the impression that I should be able to create a Content Management System with openPHPnuke. Am I correct?

Peter

anonymous
Unregistered User
Posted: 2006-11-24 07:29

Hi Peter,

peterantonrev schrieb am 23.11.2006 um 17:05:12 Uhr folgendes:

anonymous wrote at November 23, 2006 at 06:42:46 clock the following:

> what is your memory limit? it should be 16 mb better is 32 mb memory limit
> was it creates database tables?

I don't understand your question. Is there a configuration file I should be looking at to set the "memory limit"?

You have to check you memory_limit and it should be at least 16MB

You can find it if you go Adminmenu > Diagnostic > Information > PHP Info and search for memory_limit

Or you can use the direct link http://www.yoursite.com/foldertoOPN/admin.php?op=phpinfo&fct=diagnostic

If you have less then 16MB you can try this:

Open the mainfile.php at your webspace and paste
ini_set('memory_limit','16M'); before the line:
((int)include($root_path."master.php"))

If you are lucky then you can see the changes in the phpinfo.php after editing the mainfile.php otherwise you have to get in contact with your hoster.

HWH

//Stephan

Unregistered User
Posted: 2012-09-06 14:51

Hmm.. I guess this level is necessary if you might be swihtcing versions in the transition, but I think you should be able to just take a mysqldump of the old DB and populate the database on the new server with that same data, and then just edit wp-config.php with the database name and login info and it should work. Least I've done this moving between websites and databases, admittedly on the same server, without any problems, but then again I have root access so maybe there are some things i'm taking for granted.Nice info though, I appreciate what you are doing with this site. I find myself using wordpress for just about everything I do these days so it's nice to know I can bug you with questions about this too -Matt

sort by

Previous thread:  Hallo ich habe da mal eine Frage

Jump To:

Nickname:

Security Code
Security Code
reload

Page took 0.07656 seconds to load