OpenPhpNuke
     General
     "Set the Server Timezone via putenv"

Author Printer friendly page"Set the Server Timezone via putenv"
anonymous
Unregistered User

Posted: 2003-12-16 16:23

the time shown in forum, articles etc is wrong. It seems like the "Set the Server Timezone via putenv?-button is out of order. what should i do?

I also wonder what the following settings mean :
- Host uses PHP safe_mode?
- Use mysql_pconnect?

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
[manne]

Send private message to [manne]

Posted: 2003-12-16 17:38

Hi,
Quote:
the time shown in forum, articles etc is wrong. It seems like the "Set the Server Timezone via putenv?-button is out of order. what should i do?
Yes it is and will be hopefully fixed in RC2.
Perhaps have a look here

Quote:
- Host uses PHP safe_mode?
In order to optimise OPNs performance on the web server, you can specify whether PHP is working in safe mode. You should collect the respective information from your web hosting service. Default: no.

Quote:
- Use mysql_pconnect?
If you set this to yes, OPN will try to implement the mysql database via pconnect. Generally this is not necessary and should be avoided not to strain the server too much. It might be necessary that your host does this - your web hosting service provider will give you more detailed information. Default: no.

manne

anonymous
Unregistered User

Posted: 2003-12-17 12:30

thanks.
When can we expect RC2 to be released?

[manne]

Posted: 2003-12-17 13:56

Tests are currently running. a lot of new features, a lot of databases and a lot of wishes of the users --> a lot of testing and a lot of work for the developers

We hope this year, itīs difficult to say

But remember, RC1 is good enough to give it a try!

manne

anonymous
Unregistered User

Posted: 2003-12-17 16:46

Thanks again!
I'm really satisfied with OPN and I'm reeeeeally looking forward to check out RC2. This gotta be the first easy-to-setup-CMS ever!
Does anybody know anyone that ever managed to install EZpublish? I worked for several days trying to install it on my server, but didn't succeed. With OPN i was up and running in about two hours. And that includes design and finding and installing all the right modules.

But anyway, Ihave few more questions :

The "Recent links-" and the anypage -sidebox menu, has these arrows in front of each link. That sucks. What can i do to remove these? Is there a button to change this somewhere?

- Printing "Last postings" from the forum, on the startpage resulots in a huge table with number of views and replies etc. Is it possible, in a simple way, to print only the headlines with a link to the forum?

- What's the deal with the Updatemanager? It seems like a would need a license to click any of the buttons on this panel.

xweber

Send private message to xweber Visit website from xweber

Posted: 2003-12-17 18:33

the - can be removed with formatting in css

Alex

hombergs

Send private message to hombergs
ICQ AIM YIM MSNM

Posted: 2003-12-17 19:01

Quote:
- What's the deal with the Updatemanager? It seems like a would need a license to click any of the buttons on this panel.

That's true. You can get a license direct via the updatemanager. This license is free. When you get the license you can download any OPN update via this updatemanager. The license is the key for the updateserver. So only OPN will display and get the updates.

H.O.M.B.E.R.G.S.: Hydraulic Obedient Machine Built for Efficient Repair and Galactic Sabotage

There are no problems, only defiances.

[manne]

Posted: 2003-12-18 19:04

Hi.

Udatemanager look here

manne

sort by

Previous thread:  What is Reminder in Memberlist
Next Thread:  Can you help me plz with OPN russian?

Jump To:

Nickname:

Security Code
Security Code
reload

Page took 0.07377 seconds to load