Forum Index
OpenPhpNuke
     General
     Delete users

Author Printer friendly pageDelete users
Beyond

Send private message to Beyond
Posted: 2006-12-22 16:40

Hi, how to completely delete users from portal?

I'm going to Administration ->Users, than I press delete, which does not delete completely from portal, than it shows that I can reactivate user.

So how to delete completely?

And I have problem with registration. When users regist on website, they don`t recive comfirmation letters and when they lost and forgot user name or password. Where can i find email settings fot it?

Thanks.

[ This message was edited by: Beyond on 2006-12-22 16:47 (Original date 2006-12-22 16:40) ]

Quote Printer friendly page upwards
[manne]

Send private message to [manne]
Posted: 2006-12-23 07:28

Hi,
not so easy to remove a user: e.g. whe using forum, what to do with postings in the forum? When deleting postings information will be lost.. What to do with submissions of this user? What happens when a user is registrating with the same data afterwards?

Some thaughts why it's not wise to delete a user completly

HTH
manne

[manne]

Send private message to [manne]
Posted: 2006-12-23 07:33

Switch on emails in OPN:
Adminisration --> Settings --> Email --> Activate eMail Yes

If Activate eMail No, OPN will n e v e r send any email

HTH
manne

Beyond

Posted: 2006-12-23 16:38

manne wrote at December 23, 2006 at 07:28:28 clock the following:

Hi,
not so easy to remove a user: e.g. whe using forum, what to do with postings in the forum? When deleting postings information will be lost.. What to do with submissions of this user? What happens when a user is registrating with the same data afterwards?

Some thaughts why it's not wise to delete a user completly

HTH
manne

Yeah, I don not want delete users but I regist my self few times as a testing OPN and don not know how to delete test-users, And what about new users if you do not whant them? Nobody whants delete old users.

Beyond

Posted: 2006-12-23 16:40

manne wrote at December 23, 2006 at 07:33:06 clock the following:

Switch on emails in OPN:
Adminisration --> Settings --> Email --> Activate eMail Yes

If Activate eMail No, OPN will n e v e r send any email

HTH
manne

Thanks, but I`ve done it very fist thing!!!
It works only if you what sent topic or post to friend. but when u registering in system it doesn't send mail.

anonymous
Unregistered User
Posted: 2006-12-25 07:49

Hi Beyond,

Beyond schrieb am 23.12.2006 um 16:40:10 Uhr folgendes:

> Switch on emails in OPN:
> Adminisration --> Settings --> Email --> Activate eMail Yes
>
> If Activate eMail No, OPN will n e v e r send any email
>
> HTH
> manne
>

It works only if you what sent topic or post to friend. but when u registering in system it doesn't send mail.

Have a look in Admin > Settings > User Settings There you can adjust the rules for registration and the email settings as well.

Beyond schrieb am 23.12.2006 um 16:38:25 Uhr folgendes:

Yeah, I don not want delete users but I regist my self few times as a testing OPN and don not know how to delete test-users, And what about new users if you do not whant them? Nobody whants delete old users.

Well as Manne already said you can not really delete a user just deactivate.. so just "delete" the user you dont want and thats it.

HTH and Happy Christmas

//Stephan

anonymous
Unregistered User
Posted: 2006-12-25 07:50

Hi Beyond,

Beyond schrieb am 23.12.2006 um 16:40:10 Uhr folgendes:

> Switch on emails in OPN:
> Adminisration --> Settings --> Email --> Activate eMail Yes
>
> If Activate eMail No, OPN will n e v e r send any email
>
> HTH
> manne
>

Have a look in Admin > Settings > User Settings There you can adjust the rules for registration and the email settings as well.

Beyond schrieb am 23.12.2006 um 16:38:25 Uhr folgendes:

Well as Manne already said you can not really delete a user just deactivate.. so just "delete" the user you dont want and thats it.

HTH and Happy Christmas

//Stephan

Unregistered User
Posted: 2012-06-18 15:42

You write so hnoetsly about this. Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered User
Posted: 2012-06-18 22:27

You'll need the Vista DVD. Boot with the DVD in the drive. Let it reinstall Windows. Choose a full foamrt. After that, only the government can recover your data (it involves a clean room and a scanning electron microscope). If you don't have the Vista DVD, the best you can do is delete all your programs and data files and run a scrubber program that overwrites all unused areas of the drive multiple times. The only problem with that is that it'll probably take a day or two to run completely. It's slower, but just as good to keep the average computer geek out of your data.

Unregistered User
Posted: 2013-12-30 10:26

Hey there,

I also have the same problem. i would like to delete multiple users at once becouse the website i maintain is beeing spammed by fake accounts.

Also i have a problem with placing a captcha thrue admin options.
If i activate the option for captcha the placeholder (file missing) immage shows and not the captcha picture.
Also i would like to know if it's possible to place a captcha not at the login page but at the bottom of a registration form.

sort by

Previous thread:  help
Next Thread:  promotion of country wide

Jump To:

Nickname:

Security Code
Security Code
reload

Page took 0.14711 seconds to load